The Music Ministry provides an on-going program of worship opportunities and training for choirs and musical ensembles of all ages. From the 200-voice Sanctuary Choir to Musical Experiences offered for two-year-old children, a total of 24 choirs, ensembles and a church orchestra involve more than 1,000 people.
In addition to their regular contributions to the worship services, the choirs and orchestra present a full year of "extras." Children's choirs lead in worship two or three times each year. Our high school choirs lead worship and also present special programs each year. The Junior High, High School, Sanctuary choirs and Orchestra are also invited to take mission tours across America and Abroad. In addition, the church presents several Christmas programs, and a spring choral work for the Sanctuary Choir and Orchestra. These productions involve more than 100 additional volunteers. While providing unique worship opportunities for PCBC members, these special programs serve as effective outreach events for our community and city.
Membership in musical groups for all ages is available through our ministry of music. The weekly rehearsals serve to do much more than provide an opportunity to make music. We also strive to teach and train as we lead each person to use music to honor God in a personal way that will be nurturing to the individual and pleasing to God.
- Sanctuary Choir (Adults) Wednesdays - 6:45 - 8:30 p.m., Choral Hall
- Noteables (Adults 60+) Mondays - 5:00 - 5:00 p.m., Choral Hall
- Preschool Choirs (Age 2 - Kindergarten) Wednesdays - 5:30-6:15 p.m.
- Children's Choirs (Grades 1 - 6) Wednesdays - 5:30-6:25 p.m.
- Student Choir (Grades 7-12) Sundays, 12-2:00 p.m. in Choral Hall with snack lunch (August -May)