Sports & Recreation
Sports & Recreation
We are an active, fun-loving community of all ages and skill levels who relish the thrill of competition and the camaraderie it encourages with others. Adults and children as young as preschool aged participate in our PCBC team sports leagues, camps, and exercise programs offered all year long. Our programs are accessible to those in our church family as well as members of the surrounding community. For many, it is their first introduction to PCBC and an open door to finding a new church home. We love how sports and recreation bring people of all walks of life together!
- Early registration (by Oct. 11): $130
- After October 11 the cost is $150
- Deadline for registration is October 18th
- A full uniform is included with registration.
- After October 18th late registrations will only be accepted as space allows and will be $160.
Evaluations & Orientations
Everyone must attend one basketball evaluation or cheerleading orientation. These times are "come & go" and should take 20 minutes depending on the crowd when you arrive. They will take place at the PCBC Gym, (corner of Pickwick & Villanova) as follows:
- Tuesday, October 9
- Thursday, October 11
- Monday, October 15
- Thursday, October 18
Kindergarten (meaning attending 1st grade fall 2019) between 5:00-6:00 pm
1st & 2nd Grade: between 5:30-6:30 pm
3rd – 6th Grade: between 6:00-7:00 pm
All Cheerleaders: between 5:45-6:30 pm
- Practices: Begin the week of November 26, 2018 (Coaches will notify you the day & time)
- First Games: Begin the weekend of January 5th, 2019.
For Boys and Girls, K - 6th Grades
Upward promotes character and self-esteem in every child by providing:
- A substitution system that promotes equal playing time for every player
- An evaluation process to provide equal teams and equal opportunity for improvement
In Upward Basketball/Cheerleading you and your friends:
- Sign up individually, not as a team/squad. Have 1 practice and 1 game each week (Kindergarten practice and game are combined into a 1-hour block each week)
- Get equal playing time every game
- Will learn new drills to improve your basketball/cheerleading skills
- Will receive special recognition awards every game
- Will receive end of the season award
For more information
Joint Effort Exercise Class
Strengthening, flexibility, balance and more exercises! All equipment provided.
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 8:30-9:30 am
- Activities Building, gym
- $15 per 10 week session
- Instructor: Laurie Tharp
This class is an ongoing program and may be joined at any time. For more information contact Laurie Tharp in the Sports & Recreation Ministry, 214-860-1570 or
Our Men's Basketball League is an eight week season that's played in the Fall and Spring. Teams are split into two leagues, competitive and recreational. Our league is also geared to form community and help the men grow in Christ. A quick devotional and prayer is done before every game to remind us men that we are to glorify God in all we do.
If interested in forming or joining a team, contact Sal Rivas at or 214-860-1692.
Birthday Party Rental
Gym, Gameroom and Clubroom Includes:
- Sports Ministry Staff
- Gameroom activities – table games, Wii games, etc.
- Clubroom (tables and chairs) for refreshments, etc.
- Gym activities – basketball, volleyball, etc.
May bring in skates, bounce house, music, etc. PCBC Members: $50.00 per hour Non PCBC Members: $100.00 per hour Call the Activities Office, 214.860.1570 for more information and availability.