Ways to Serve
- Serving in a ministry here on our campus (worship/music, teaching, serving, greeting, etc.) Every member should be able to answer the question: "What is your ministry?"
- Serving somewhere in the city to share the love and grace of Christ. Check out the opportunities below or call 214-860-3916.
- Committing to go on a PCBC sponsored Mission Trip this year with one of our partners to a 1:8 Target.
- Praying daily for the world, the state of the Gospel in certain regions, and also praying daily for our specific work among our mission partners. Operation World, PCBC Missions
- Praying and seeking one person to love and to serve, and to lead to Christ.
- Writing out his/her testimony (faith story) and being prepared to share it.
- Learning "one verse evangelism" in order to clearly present the Gospel to others.
Short Term Serving Opportunities
ACT (Advocates for Community Transformation)
Join ACT every second Saturday of the month for community prayer visits in West Dallas from 1 to 4 pm. As we seek to bring justice to this community, we need the Body of Christ to support residents and families who are seeking change and safer neighborhoods.
ACT (Advocates for Community Transformation) is an inner-city justice organization established to empower Dallas citizens to create safer neighborhoods where the transforming presence of Jesus Christ is experienced. By representing inner-city residents and mobilizing volunteer legal teams, ACT holds the owners of crime-ridden properties accountable.
Meet us at the ACT offices (2215A Canada Dr., Dallas, TX 75212) at 1 pm. From there, we will break up into prayer teams and pray with families in their homes. To get involved, contact Maria Pacheco at email@example.com or 214-951-9151.
Brother Bill's Helping Hand
- Soccer Camp, June 12-14, 7am-1pm. High school and college students needed to coach and teach basic soccer skills to elementary school children. You don't have to be a soccer star to coach. If you can kick a ball and like working with children you will enjoy coaching! Â Parent volunteers needed.
- Back to School Carnival, August 17, 10am-1pm. Distribute school supplies to elementary school children, serve lunch to families, and help with carnival games.
Contact Suzanne Griffin at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Volunteers are needed to help on an as needed basis, to pick up items at the West Plano Costco and deliver to the Cornerstone Baptist Church Kitchen located in South Dallas. Deliveries would be on Monday or Wednesday morning around 9:30 am. Additional pickups would involve large loads where a pickup truck or a van would be needed on a couple daysâ€™ notice. If you would like more information, please contact Jill De Haven at email@example.com or 214.860.3916.
Click the link below to open a PDF list of all the partners we work with in the city. Youâ€™ll see a list of opportunities to serve and contact information.
Other Local Opportinities
Click on the links below to find your place of service with one of our partners:
Brother Bill's Helping Hand
Brother Bill's Helping Hand brings not just a legacy of 70 years of service to West Dallas, but hope for a better life to the more than 25,000 people living in the 75212 zip code. As a faith-based nonprofit that hope comes in the form of Education, Health, and Essentials of Life programs. Partnering caring volunteers with neighbors in need brings nourishment of the mind, body, and soul to all involved.
Buckner makes life better for orphans, vulnerable children and families through the following programs:
- Family programs: foster care, adoption, residential care and transition programs
- Empowerment programs: self-sufficiency programs, education and job readiness training
- Community programs: after-school programs, counseling and apartment ministries, transformation centers
- Aid and support: global humanitarian aid, medical clinics, short-term missions support and Shoes for Orphan SoulsÂ®
- Retirement Services: independent living, assisted living, memory care at The Harbor, skilled care, hospice care and ElderCare in seven locations in Texas.
Cornerstone Baptist Church
Cornerstone Baptist Church exists to fulfill the command of Jesus as given in the GREAT COMMSSION in the South Dallas/Fair Park community.
Cornerstoneâ€™s ministries include:
- The Shower Facility
- The Kitchen
- Clothes Closet
Cornerstone also has a number of partner ministries with volunteer opportunities.
Dallas Baptist Association
Dallas Baptist Association is touching the lives of people through the partnership of over 500 churches in Dallas and Rockwall counties in Texas. Whether one lives in the central city of Dallas or the sprawling suburbs, Dallas Baptist Association provides ministries, resources and leadership for people and churches.
Dallas Christian Women's Job Corp
Christian Women's Job Corps, a ministry of Woman's Missionary Union, is dedicated to touching and changing lives by assisting women in becoming self-sufficient and independent.
Healing Hands Ministries
Parents donâ€™t have to choose between rent or medicine or which child will be treated. Mothers and fathers can be treated, too, and receive the care they need without compromise. Healing Hands Ministries builds trust with families by providing reliable, effective, efficient health care services to manage their acute and chronic diseases. The physicians, dentists, nurses and other volunteer health care professionals at Healing Hands Ministries Medical & Dental Clinic give unselfishly of their time to provide top quality care to the working poor families and uninsured children of the community. No one is turned away because of their inability to pay.
North Dallas Shared Ministries
Help low-income people assume as much responsibility for their lives as they are able: First, we provide appropriate emergency assistance. Second, we help them access entitlement, health and community programs designed to help them achieve long-term stability. Third, we promote their wellness and financial independence. Fourth, we develop resource materials that can lead them to additional services and support.