A weekend with Josh McDowell and Pure Hope
Where and When
- Friday, May 5, 6:30-8:15pm in the Great Hall
- Saturday, May 6, 9:00am-12:00pm in the Great Hall
$15 per individual; $30 per family. If you need a scholarship, please email Stacey Rauscher email@example.com
Who is the conference for?
Parents, grandparents, caregivers, teachers, mentors, coaches—anyone who regularly interacts with children or teenagers and wants to better understand the challenges they face because of social media, technology, addiction, and a sexualized culture.
Will there be childcare?
Yes! Childcare is available for infants-4th grade during Friday evening and Saturday morning sessions.
What can I expect?
The conference itself will be broken down into bite-sized, digestible sessions on a range of topics led by Josh McDowell and Pure Hope.
Our goals for this conference are to:
- Build awareness among parents, grandparents, and leaders about what our children are facing in regard to exploitative sexuality and addiction
- Provide practical ways to equip parents to proactively engage with their children on the topic of sexuality from a Biblical perspective
- The Problem and the Need: Why is sex such a critical discussion?
- What the Bible says about sex
- How to develop ongoing dialogue with your children about sex
- How to create a strategic approach to technology in your home
- How to model a pursuit of purity for your children and grandchildren
- Recovery and accountability options
"Every single one of us knows someone battling this issue—our friends, our neighbors, our children, our spouses, and if we're honest . . . ourselves. If we don't take on the problem together, we're never going to find freedom. That's why everyone would benefit from attending the Truth and Lies conference." --Sam Holm, Associate Pastor of Teaching
A trailblazer for truth and relationships, Josh McDowell has been at the forefront of cultural trends and groundbreaking ministry for over five decades. Josh shares the essentials of the Christian faith in everyday language so that youth, families, churches, leaders and individuals of all ages are prepared for the life of faith and the work of the ministry. This included leveraging resources based on years of experiences, new technologies and strategic partnerships.
Since 1961, Josh has delivered more than 27,000 talks to over 25,000,000 people in 125 countries. He is the author or co-author of 147 books, including More Than a Carpenter and New Evidence That Demands a Verdict, recognized by World Magazine as "one of the top 40 books of the twentieth century." Josh's books are available in over 100 different languages.
Josh and his wife, Dottie, are quick to acknowledge that after their love for the
Lord, family is their greatest joy and top priority. They have been married 45 years and have four wonderful children and ten beloved grandchildren.
Josh McDowell Ministry is a division of Cru (the U.S. division of Campus Crusade for Christ International). Learn more about Josh and his ministry at josh.org
Pure Hope exists to inspire and equip followers of Christ to flourish in this sexually exploitative age and lead their families and communities to do the same. From campuses to coffee shops, churches to cinema, our aim with every event is to build long-lasting partnerships, working with you to build a strong culture of purity and justice in your church, school, or group. Learn more at purehope.net.