Health and Lifestyle Event for Boomers, Seniors and Caregivers
Are you caring for an aging loved one or preparing for your own retirement years? Join us for an empowering day of information about senior care resources in a low-pressure environment. Hear from top experts in our breakout sessions and at the vendor expo.
Saturday, March 25 | 8:30 am – 2:00 pm | Great Hall and Commons
Cost: $10 per person (includes lunch) - DOOR PRIZES!!
8:30 am: Registration/Coffee/Expo
9:15 am: Welcome Session
9:45 am: Session 1 | Choose from:
- Maximizing Social Security – Tips for Planning Ahead
Michael Taysom AAMS, Financial Advisor, Edward Jones Investments
- Top 10 Questions to Ask When Touring a Senior Living Facility
Paul Markowitz, Founder, Senior Living Specialists
- Fear & Guilt as a Caregiver: How to Turn That into Hope!
Vic Mazmanian, Senior Director of Faith Outreach, Silverado Senior Care
- Estate Planning: Do I Need a Will or a Trust?
Marcie Johnson, Elder Law Attorney, The Johnson Firm
- Hospice: Myths, Realities, Wishes
Valerie Sanchez, LCSW, CT, Faith Presbyterian Hospice/T. Boone Pickens Hospice and Palliative Care Center
10:45 am: Session 2 | Choose from:
- Intentional Christian Grandparenting
Dr. Nat Burns, Boomer/Senior Adult Minister, Park Cities Baptist Church
- 10 Steps to “Right-Sizing”: Fitting Your Life & Belongings to Your Current Stage & Needs
Brooke Evans, Managing Director/Owner, Senior Focused Relocations/Concierge Movers
- The Other Talk: Beginning the Conversation about End of Life Wishes
Laurie Miller, Owner, Apple Care and Companion
- Dementia – Know the 10 Signs: Early Detection Matters
Michelle Lively, MS, MS Ed., RN, RP-C, Clinical Research Nurse Practitioner, Texas Alzheimer’s & Memory Disorders
11:30 am: Lunch & Expo
12:15 pm: Session 3 (repeat of Session 1)
1:15 pm: Session 4 (repeat of Session 2)
Laura Reese, firstname.lastname@example.org or 214.860.1599