We welcome all who desire to worship Christ with us! As we come together for worship, discipleship, and mission, here are a set of core beliefs that form the essence of our faith and practice.
- We believe in one triune God, eternally existent in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:18-19, 2 Corinthians 13:14, Hebrews 1:1-4
- We believe in the full deity and full humanity of Christ. Philippians 2:5-8, Luke 2:40, John 1:1-5, Hebrews 4:15
- We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit who indwells every Christian's life for the purpose of living a God-reflective life. John 16:7-11, 1 Corinthians 12:13, Ephesians 4:30
- We believe the human race is sinful and separated from God and therefore must experience the work of Christ by faith in order to have a relationship with God. Romans 3:10-20, Ephesians 2:1-3, 1 Colossians 1:13-14
- We believe in the substitutionary atonement of Christ. Romans 5:6-9, Galatians 3:13-14, Philippians 3:8-11
- We believe in the authority and holy inspiration of Scripture. 2 Timothy 3:16, Romans 15:4, 2 Peter 3:1-2
- We believe that believers baptism by immersion and the Lord's Supper are the two ordinances of the church. Matthew 28:19, Luke 22:14-23, I Corinthians 11:23-26
- The government and the management of the affairs of this Church are vested in the body of believers who compose it. We are committed to the mutual counsel and cooperation which are common among Baptist churches, and PCBC supports, and is an affiliate of the BGCT, as well as certain other Baptist organizations. To learn more about Baptists and The Baptist General Convention of Texas, click here.
To learn more about what we believe, go to the Baptist Faith and Message.